Monday, October 25, 2004

Dreamland Tears for Dreamland Fears

Today I woke up. I went to the fridge, but it was empty. I checked the drawer with the sweets, but there were none,... okay... I jumped to the bowl with the fruits only to stop mid-air with open mouth and popped out eyes. I looked for some frozen-ready-to-be-heated food, but gave up. In the whole house there was not even a single piece of food!
"Okay", I thought streching the "ay" in an annoyed way. I grabed some trousers, socks a pullover, slipped into my shoes and crossed the street to reach the bakery, "cling-clang" and I went in. There were about three people all covered with heavy clothing because it was freezing cold. The woman first in the line said that she wanted bread and rolls, but the reply was that they had nothing. The woman left the store crying. I wondered and shivered: "Get on!" I thought. Same game with the next one. Obviously the bakery was sold out already. How can anyone eat that much? Seriously! So... "okay" stretching it even more, I went to the supermarket which was "CLOSED". What??? It's Monday, I am hungry and there is no place to eat. I am jumping into my car heading for McD. It's crowded with cars and people, it looks like an organized chaos. I began to realize that I am hungry, my flat is cold there is no food and no way that I could get some. I began to realize that I might end up hungry all day and soon I felt the first signs of a certain fear which I would have never thought it really exists. Then I woke up.

Of course the above is totally fictional for me. I live in a world where there is so much food, I'd never have to starve. In my world there exist other fears.

For example I suffer from Arachnophobia. I am very afraid of vaccinations and am always close to faint. Last time I was having a vaccination, all those mothers brought their babies as well and they cried loud and painfully. Guess how I felt!

Anyway Project Dreamland Inc., has made first progress on a Negative Fear Suppression Device, we'd continue putting money into this hole and making false promises. Fear will soon be the #1 illness that this world suffers from and we sure want to dig a mine into that. Fear not, we are teh fear killers (it works faster if you believe in it)!

No comments: